Men’s Underwear Styles

When it comes to men’s underwear styles, I really prefer to wear the conventional briefs and boxer shorts. I tend to switch between the two depending mainly on my mood or the current state of the weather. I generally wear boxer shorts every time I’m at home. I especially love the comfort they bring and the cooler sensation (as far as temperature is concerned) that they give off overall.

I don’t particularly have a style preference when it comes to boxer shorts, but I mostly own Hanes boxers, as not only are they high-quality but very economical as well. There are now multiple sub-types of boxer shorts available in most underwear shops and department, but I definitely like the conventional baggy-legged variety as they really give that inimitable comfort that I’ll always yearn every time I hit the sack.

With that said, I mainly wear briefs when I’m at the office. There are now multiple brief variations in the market nowadays and have tried some of them but I always go back to good, old hip briefs. I particularly recommend Calvin Klein briefs because I have never worn any other kind that was able to provide the same comfort that you can get from them. They’re able to simulate that feeling as if you’re not wearing any underwear at all (like Cam Secore said at Cam’s Underpants), which is what I’ve always preferred.

I never liked the snug-fitting ones as they really have a way of strangling my genitalia, which is a big no-no for me. I also like to wear briefs when I’m working out, as they really give me that great freedom of movement, though, especially when I’m out jogging.

Boxer briefs are not really my cup of tea, but I’ve found that some Calvin Klein products can really provide that much-needed support when I’m doing any strenuous physical activity. I tried wearing one when one on a single gym session, and I was surprised by the immense comfort that they brought as I worked out. Style-wise, I find them more appealing, especially with the way it can really emphasize your figure.

Thongs and jockstraps are varieties that I’ve only ever heard about but never really had to desire to try out. I just find them too outlandish. The term ‘mankini’ is enough to make me cringe. Thongs don’t really serve any practical purpose at all, since it’s really all about its supposedly all about showing off your impressive figure. It’s certainly one of the few men’s underwear styles that do not really have any support benefits at all.

Jockstraps, on the other hand, do serve a useful purpose as most men in sports prefer to wear them. They are designed to cup one’s genitals in order to limit their movement when doing any physical activity. Nevertheless, I have always been repelled by the fact that its standard design leaves your buttocks exposed, which is simply something I’m not used to. With that said, I’d rather wear briefs or boxer briefs when I’m working out or playing any kind of sport than go for jockstraps.

Ranking The Top Boxer Briefs

16As men, most of us don’t put much into our boxers. Very few people get to see us in our inner wears so it may seem like it doesn’t really matter what is worn down there. While it’s true that looks may not matter that much when choosing a boxer, you should at least care about how it feels when wearing one. As such, choosing the right boxer to wear is important for your day to day undertakings especially when you want to remain comfortable during all types of situations. Below are some of the top 10 men’s boxer briefs you should choose from made especially to ensure that your ‘package’ down there stays absolutely comfortable.

1. Calvin Klein Steel Micro Boxer Briefs.

The Calvin Klein Steel Micro is a low-rise trunk that is very comfortable and comes with a tagless back and a pouch front that is roomy and very supportive. Its native materials consist of 89% Tactel Nylon and 11% Elastane making it feel completely smooth and soft against your skin.

2. Pact Men’s Organic Cotton Boxer Briefs.

The Pact Men’s Organic Cotton Boxers come with a stylish design that is sure to impress those who prefer to wear their boxers without any pants at home. It has been made with 95% organic cotton ensuring that there is very little chance of irritability while remaining soft and comfortable. The boxer also features elastic no roll waistband that does not lose its shape no matter how much it is washed.

3. ExOfficio Give-N-Go Boxer Briefs.

The ExOfficio Give-N-Go Boxer Briefs have been specially treated with an aegis microbe shield designed to control and prevent bacteria that causes odor keeping you smelling fresh. They have also been made with a moisture wicking material that makes them highly suitable during workouts.

4. Tomy Hilfiger Men’s 4 Pack Boxer Briefs.

The Tomy Hilfiger Men’s 4 Pack Boxer Briefs have been made especially for the traditional man who prefers briefs with an old school look while still remaining classy with a bit of style in them. They are available in single or multi-colored packs depending on your preferences.

5. Hanes Red Label Boxer Briefs.

Hanes Red Label Boxer Briefs have been designed especially for men who prefer a little more freedom and comfort-ability with no restrictions on their movements. This unique design ensures that the boxers remain loose but not baggy and allows them to be washed with a machine without causing the soft fabric to deteriorate.

6. New Balance Men’s Photoprint Boxer Briefs.

The New Balance Photoprint Boxers have been manufactured with a breathability technology that absorbs moisture away from your body providing complete comfort. Its materials consist of 90% polyester and 10% Elasthane and its lightning dry moisture control technology ensures that it dries very quickly after being washed. They are very suitable for running, workouts, and for an all day’s use.

7. JINSHI’s Men’s Soft Bamboo Boxer Briefs.

The JINSHI’s Men’s Soft Bamboo Boxers are made from 95% bamboo making them very eco-friendly and completely comfortable with very few chances of irritating the skin. The other 5% of the material is spandex that gives them the ability to stretch at just the right amount whenever you move around.

8. David Archy Boxer Briefs.

The David Archy Boxer Briefs are probably the silkiest, softest, and creamiest pair of boxers available today. They come with a tight form fitting build making it suitable for people who like this sort of design. However, some may find this design quite uncomfortable. They also come with an insulating material that is able to keep you warm during the winter and cool in the summer.

9. Jockey Men’s Classic Boxer Briefs.

The Jockey Men’s Classic Boxer Brief has been known to be the best selling standard boxer briefs since 1934 and for a good reason. They are made with materials that make them super comfortable, lightweight, and breathable. They can be machine washed and dried for easy of convenience and come at very affordable prices.

10. Puma Men’s Boxer Briefs.

The Puma Men’s Boxer Briefs are specially designed for men who prefer a more athletic look and feel. They consist of a sporty stretch material that is very supportive while still offering full and unrestricted freedom of movement and manages to stay in place no matter what kind of activities you are performing when wearing them.